Recognized as One of the Safest Employers in Canada
Canada’s Safest Employers Awards celebrates companies across the nation for their exceptional safety culture and wellness practices. Bureau Veritas Laboratories Canada is honoured to be a finalist for The Chemistry Industry Association of Canada Award for Canada’s Safest Chemistry Employer. The list of finalists represents the best and brightest in workplace health and safety and honours those who have stepped up at a time when it mattered most.
Safety - it's OUR responsibility!
“Safety - it's OUR responsibility!” is a set of beliefs, principles and guidelines for Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) at Bureau Veritas. The concept of safety starting with each employee was developed from our own guiding principles as well the underlying philosophy of the occupational health and safety legislation, the Internal Responsibility System (IRS). The IRS principle is that everyone in the workplace – both employees and employers – is responsible for his or her own safety and for the safety of co-workers.
“Safety - it's OUR responsibility!” has become the overall guide for safety expectations and standards at Bureau Veritas and reinforces performance, acceptance, ethics and values. Corporately we are committed to actions that will continuously improve and promote employee health, safety and environmental protection. With all employees working together as a team and following the IRS we can accomplish the goal of all Bureau Veritas personnel going home safely every day.
The goal of the program is to:
- Comply with all applicable government regulations, guidelines, industry standards, company and client policies.
- Manage EHS risks so as to protect our employees, contractors, visitors, property and the environment from harm.
- Be proactive in the prevention of all incidents.
- Ensure every employee understands the extent of their individual responsibility in protecting themselves, others and the environment.
- Hold every employee accountable for program implementation, compliance, maintenance, development and improvement.
- Communicate all EHS concerns in a timely manner.
- Be measured, audited and evaluated as to its effectiveness. Bureau Veritas’ safety management system is regularly audited and externally certified to ISO 45001. We have also acquired ISO 14001 environmental management systems certification and maintain a valid certificate of recognition with the government of Alberta.