The FEDT laboratory provides drug-screening services to the food industry, dietary/herbal/nutrition producers and for concerned consumers/users
If you require the analysis of a drug in a particular matrix, contact us at FEDT@bvlabs.com. Analyses can be performed qualitatively or quantitatively. Quantitative analyses may require method development and method validation before test sample analysis.
The laboratory offers the following adjunct drug testing services to our clients:
- Detection and identification of single or multiple drugs in a variety of matrices: pills, liquids, animal feed, food, nutraceutical or herbal supplements, oils, milk or cream.
- Drug potency and purity (semi-quantitative or quantitative analysis)
- Targeted screening (for example, anabolic steroids, NSAIDs, Bronchodilators)
- Drug paraphernalia (needles, syringes, vials, etc.)
- Swab testing for amphetamines and opiates – kits are available upon request.
- Drug screening in livestock or pets
Pharmaceuticals in Water & Wastewater
Additional testing provided is the analysis of pharmaceuticals in water and waste water, on a client basis. These methods are validated to ISO 17025 standards.