Proof of insurance is available upon request.
A minimum charge of $173.00 will be applied to all analytical work orders.
Published prices for analytical services may be subject to change without prior notification. All prices are listed in Canadian Dollars (CAD).
Bureau Veritas's standard "no charge" storage period for specific types of samples is 15 days. Longer storage periods are available upon request, but additional charges may apply. Bureau Veritas reserves the right to return unused portions of samples to the client, at the Client's expense.
Gas, water and oil samples will have a $12.00/sample disposal charge. For samples that require special disposal or that are found to be hazardous, Bureau Vertias reserves the right to return the samples to the originating company or invoice the originating company for the cost of disposal plus 15%. For samples not requiring special sample disposal, Bureau Vertias reserves the right to charge for their safe disposal. Samples larger than 1L may have a higher sample disposal fee. All of the above disposal fees and their application, are subject to prior agreement with Bureau Veritas.
Samples, which are suspected to be hazardous, must be clearly marked as such prior to submission to the laboratory. Failure to do so will result in a $100.00 charge.
These fees will be applied when client collected samples are received and partially or fully processed by Bureau Veritas and are subsequently found to not meet basic sample quantity standards.
Unit pricing provided by Bureau Veritas is based on payment terms of Net 30 days. Bureau Veritas reserves the right to increase quoted prices at Bureau Veritas’s discretion by 1% per each 15 days extension to standard payment term of Net 30 days. Late payment charge equal to 2.0% per month will be applied on overdue accounts. Bureau Veritas reserves the right to increase quoted prices at Bureau Veritas’s discretion on overdue accounts. Purchase order, cheque or credit application is required before work commences. Accounts overdue by 90 days or more may be referred to a collection agency. All prices and rates are listed in Canadian Dollars (CAD).
Bureau Veritas has one of the most diverse ranges of capabilities of any lab in Canada. If you require analysis of samples, or for parameters, that do not appear in this schedule of fees please call us to discuss your needs. We will review your requirements and provide you with a quotation based on the scope of the project.
CHAIN OF CUSTODY / ANALYTICAL REQUEST FORM
Chain of Custody (COC) forms will be provided and must be used. Complete instructions as to analysis and reporting requirements and a signed COC must be provided with the samples. Failure to do so will result in turnaround time delays in processing samples or refusal to accept samples. A generic on-line version of our COC is available by visiting the Bureau Veritas Website at: www.bvlabs.com
Sample bottles, cylinders, preservatives, labels and forms are available when requesting services. Contact your Customer Service Associate for minimum sample size requirements and sampling protocols and/or to place an order. Some sample containers are available only on a cost or rental fee basis. Please refer to your Customer Service Associate for more details. Sample container orders for severe service conditions must be discussed with technical staff prior to or at the time of placing the order. Examples of severe service conditions are: temperatures >93°C, pressure close to 1800PSI, high H2S, high compressibility, liquified products, trace analysis and combinations thereof
Rush delivery of the data may not be possible. Please consult your Customer Service Associate for further clarification.
SAMPLE CYLINDER POLICY
Terms and Conditions:
- All cylinders supplied by Bureau Veritas are provided for the sole purpose of obtaining samples which are to be sent to Bureau Veritas for analysis.
- All cylinders delivered to or picked up by a client become the responsibility of the client.
- All cylinders delivered to or picked up by a third party that has been hired by the client for sampling services become the responsibility of the client. Written client signoff must be provided by the third party.
- All cylinders delivered to or picked up by a third party becomes responsibility of the third party, if client signoff is not provided.
- Regular cylinders (300-500cc with standard needle valves, evacuated and glycol-filled cylinders) returned to Bureau Veritas within 40 days of the shipping date will not be subject to rental fees.
- Regular cylinders exceeding the 40 day rental free period will be subject to a rental fee of $3.00 per day.
- Regular cylinders not returned within 156 days of the shipping date will be subject to a nonrefundable fee of $350 (the individual cylinder rental charge is capped at $350).
- All cylinders leased to clients for their own use will be subject to rental charges effective from the shipping date.
- Specialty cylinders (e.g. Sulfinert lined, large capacity (>500cc) or cylinders equipped with high temperature valves or cylinder rated >1800psi) will be subject to the daily rental charges of $3.00 per day effective from the shipping date. The rental cap for these cylinders is $750.
- Piston cylinders will be subject to the daily rental charge of $20.00 per day effective from the shipping date. The rental cap for these cylinders is $5000.
- All cylinders sent to competitor laboratories will be charged a “Competitor Fee” of $77.00 in addition to applicable rental fees.
- For cylinders returned without analysis being requested, a cleaning fee of $39.00 may apply.
- Invoices will be sent to the “Invoice to” company and contact person.
- Taxes applicable per local laws will be applied.
SAMPLES FOR LEGAL ANALYSIS
Bureau Veritas has both the expertise and documented procedures to ensure proper handling of legal samples. Please notify your Customer Service Associate for instructions prior to sampling. Consultation, expert witness, legal analysis and court appearance charges are $300.00 per hour or by prior agreement. All associated analysis will be performed at Fee Schedule rates. Failure to notify Bureau Veritas of samples that may be involved in litigation will incur a $1000.00 charge.
EMERGENCY SERVICE (REPORTED IN 8 HOURS)
For projects requiring an immediate turnaround in emergency situations, the analysis will commence upon receipt of properly documented samples. This service is offered only with prior arrangement with your local Bureau Veritas Lab and results will be delivered in 8 hours. Eight (8) hour service has a 200% surcharge on list or quoted price. Overtime charges will also be applicable, if properly documented samples arrive after 9:00am. Certain tests, due to an extended analysis run time cannot be completed in 8 hours, but will be reported as soon as they are completed and are subject to the surcharge. This service is not available for samples that need to be sublet to another laboratory. Please contact your Customer Service Associate for further information.
CRITICAL SERVICE (REPORTED IN THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY)
For projects requiring immediate turnaround in critical situations, the analysis will commence upon receipt of properly documented samples. This service is offered only with prior arrangement with your local Bureau Veritas Laboratory, and results will be delivered by the end of business on the next business day. Next Day service has a 100% surcharge on list or quoted price. Overtime charges will also be applicable if work is requested during weekend or stat holiday hours.
RUSH SERVICE (REPORTED IN 2 BUSINESS DAYS)
For projects requiring rush turnaround, a rush service is available. The analysis will commence upon receipt of properly documented samples and will continue during regular business hours. The results will be reported in 2 BUSINESS DAYS. THE 2 BUSINESS DAY rush service has a 50% surcharge on list or quoted price. Overtime charges will be applicable if work is requested during weekend and stat holiday hours.
PRIORITY SERVICE (REPORTED IN 3‒4 BUSINESS DAYS)
For projects requiring priority turnaround, a priority service is available. The analysis will commence upon receipt of properly documented samples and will continue during regular business hours. The results will be reported in 3 - 4 BUSINESS DAYS. The 3 - 4 BUSINESS DAY priority service has a 25% surcharge on list or quoted price. Overtime charges will be applicable if work is requested during weekend and stat holiday hours.
Measurement of Uncertainty is not accounted for when stating conformity to selected criteria, where applicable